In the Works (a peak into Admin)
As usual administrative work has been busy keeping up with all the amazing activities y'all have been leading while setting the path for new programs, activities, Job Shops, and partnerships. Here are a few plans in the works:
· Secretary - Josh Nelson, our Workforce Youth Program Participant, has been ill this last week and out of the office. He will likely be re-joining us in the middle of next week. Feel better Josh!
· Administrative Assistant - Lindsey McDonald is officially hired and is now full-time with Cruces Creatives! The first week with Lindsey has already been a great help. Glad to have you officially on board Lindsey!
New Programs in Research:
· Private Studios - A potential location has been identified and a survey is out. If you would be interested in having a private, locked studio, please take this survey.
Programs in Progress:
· Finances - Quickbooks is being set-up to be our full-time financing system, and Quickbooks Payroll has been set-up. This month expect our finance team to be extra busy dealing with the financial switch-over and end-of-year taxes and reporting. A huge thanks to Margaret Neill, Lea Wise-Surguy and Lesa Wilson!
· Fundraising Booklet - Emma Klement has been hard at work on the fundraising booklet. It is now in it's third design and looking great!
· First Friday - We had a lovely First Friday where Mary Diesel's Holiday Tree was auctioned for $500! Karen, the purchaser is bringing the tree to the Holiday Pop-Up Art Show to share the art and cheer at her show! Additionally, if you've been eyeing a piece on the tree, she will be selling the pieces for $20 a piece with half of the proceeds coming back to Cruces Creatives! If you see Karen, please say thank you for her support!